1. It was our teacher ________did the experiment in the lab last night.
A. whom B. that C. which D. where
2. It was with great joy ________ he received the news that his lost daughter had been found.
A. because B. which C. since D. that
3. Was ________ that I saw last night at the concert?
A. it you B. not you C. you D. that yourself
4. It was because of bad weather ________ the football match had to be put off.
A. so B. so that C. why D. that
5. It was only when I reread his poems recently ________ I began to appreciate their beauty.
A. until B. that C. then D. so
6. It was ten years ________ Miss Gao returned to China.
A. that B. when C. since D. as
7. It will be three years ________ we get together again.
A. that B. when C. since D. before
8. It was ________ back home after the experiment.
A. not until midnight did he go
B. until midnight that he didn't go
C. not until midnight that he went
D. until midnight when he didn't go
9. It was not ________ she took off her dark glasses ________ I realized she was a famous film star.
A. when; that B. until; that C. until; when D. when; then
10. Was it in 1969 ________ the American astronaut succeeded ________ landing on the moon?
A. when; on B. that; on C. when; in D. that; in