1. Here _____the bus!
A is coming B comes C has come D has been coming
2. It's the third time I ______him this month.
A had seen B see C saw D have seen
3. If you go to the western suburbs of the city , you ___a lot of new buildings .
A will see B have seen C see D are going to see
4. -- I have bought an English -Chinese dictionary.
-- When and where ___you__ _it?
A do buy B did buy C have bought D had bought
5. She showed him the photo she __the day before.
A has taken B took C was taking D had taken
6. While Tom ___, his sister is writing.
A reads B has read C has been reading D is reading
7. By the time he was ten, Edison _____experiments in chemistry.
A had already done B already had done
C was already doing D already did
8. I don’t know if it _____or not tomorrow.
A will snow B snows C has snowed D is snowing
9. He was sixty-eight. In two years he _____seventy.
A was going to be B would be
C had been D will be
10. Tom ___for more than a week.
A has left B has gone away C went away D has been away
11. He said that honesty _____the key to success.
A was B will be C is D is being
12. She _____in London till nest Monday.
A will have stayed B has stayed
C is staying D has been staying
13. We _____each other since I left Shanghai.
A haven't seen B hadn't seen
C didn't see D wouldn't see
14. I'll return the book to the library as soon as I_____it .
A will finish B am going to finish
C finished D have finished
15. She has bought some cloth, she ____herself a dress.
A makes B is going to make
C would make D has made
16. Don't go and bother him. He _____in the room.
A writes B has written
C is writing D has been writing
17. ___you ___?
A Do;marry B Have;married
C Have;been married D Are;married
18. Tom: This is a terribly heavy box.
John: I ____you to carry it.
A will help B am going to help
C had better to help D had rather help
19. She told me that her father _____to the post office when I arrived
A just went B has just gone
C had just gone D had just been going
20. Don't get of f until the bus _____.
A stopped B will stop
C will have stopped D stops
21. Peter said that he _____home the next day.
A was going to B will go
C would go D had gone
22. He ____with us since he returned last month.
A lives B lived C had lived D has lived
23. They ___to help but could not get here in time.
A had wanted B have wanted C was wanting D want
24. They will go to work in the countryside when they ____school next year .
A will leave B will have leave
C are leaving D leave
25. I didn't know when they ___again.
A came B were coming
C had come D had been coming
26. The fence ____near the window.
A stand B is standing C have stood D stands
27. They _____here for more than a month.
A have arrived B have reached C have come D have been
28. We ___a meeting from 2 to 4 yesterday afternoon.
A had had B would have
C were having D had
29. She told us she had met you in London last year. _____ you _____her since ?
A Had; met B Did; see
C Would; meet D Have; seen
30. If it ____tomorrow, we won't go to the school farm.
A is to rain B will be raining C will rain D rains
31.___you ___to the 6:30 broadcast?
A Have; listened B Did; listen
C Had; listened D would; listen
32. I _____Tom has made a mistake.
A am thinking B shall think C think D have been thinking
33. I ___writing the article now.
A finish B is finishing C finished D have finished
34. When ____you___ to study English?
A have;begun B did;begin C had;begun D do;begin
35. He was taken into hospital last week. In fact he _____ill for three months.
A has been B has got C had fallen D had been
36. I'll look after your children after you _____.
A will go B will have gone
C are gone D went
37. He __of how he could do more for the people .
A will always think B is always thinking
C has always thought D does always think
38. The foreign friends _____here just now.
A left B have left
C have been away from D had left
39. The teacher said that we ______ten lessons by the end of this term.
A should study B have studied
C were going to study D should have studied
40. We __there when it_ ___to rain.
A were getting;would begin B were about to get;began
C had got;had begun D would get;began
41. Han's Christian Anderson __a lot of fairy tales.
A had written B wrote C was writing D has written
42. It _____ten years since he left Shanghai.
A was B is C had been D will be
43. We _____ about two thousand English words by the end of last term.
A learned B have learned
C had learned D would learn
44. Since when __you __so many young trees?
A have;planted B do;plant C did;plant D had;planted
45. It ___long before we celebrate the New Year's Day.
A isn't B hasn't been C wasn't D won't be
46. --Where have you been? --I _____to the railway station.
A have gone B have been C went D am going
47. I ____along the road when suddenly some patted me on the shoulder from behind.
A walked B had walked
C was walking D would walk
48. My brother ___Tom quite well, they were introduced at a Party.
A is knowing B was knowing
C knows D had been knowing
49. I didn't know a thing about the verbs, for I ____them.
A wouldn’t study B haven't studied
C hadn't studied D wasn't studying
50. Don't be late, Mary, the train _____at 8 a.m.
A is starting B has started C would start D starts
51. There will come a day when the people of the whole country __a happy life .
A live B will live C will have lived D are living
52. If I had enough money, I ____a trip.
A took B would take C had taken D would have taken
53. My father, who died fifteen years ago, _____very kind to me.
A is B was C had been D would be
54. We ____our seats till the party had begun.
A hadn't found B didn't find
C haven't found D wouldn't fine
55. We _____that you would be able to visit us.
A hope B were hoping C have hoped D hoped
56. By 1914 Einstein ___world fame.
A gained B would gain C had gained D was gaining
57. The man put on his hat and _____away.
A had gone B would go C has gone D went
58. Comrade Wang ____the Party for about three years.
A has attended B has joined
C has been in D has taken part in
59.--______ you _____to New York?
--Yes, I ______there three years ago.
A Have;been;went B Did;go;have been
C Have;gone;went D Have;been;had gone
60. she was praised for what she ____
A did B has done C would do D had done
61. The book _____on the floor for ten minutes, but no one has picked it up.
A is lying B has lain C has been lying D lay
62. The boy _____. A bullet _______through his chest on the left side
A.had died ;passed B died;had passed
C died ;passed D had died;had passed
63. It ____and the streets were still wet.
A had been raining B rained
C has rained D would rain
64. If I ____when he comes, wake me up.
A sleep B will sleep C am sleeping D will be sleeping
65. Hardly ____the bell _____when the teacher came in.
A did --ring B would --ring C has--rung D had --rung
66. I ____from him so far.
A didn’t hear B don’t hear
C haven’t heard D hadn’t heard
67. The students went out before the bell ___.
A had rung B has rung C didn't ring D hadn't rung
68. It was two years since I ___with here.
A had dined B was dining C dined D had been dining
69. By this time next year, we _____all the land onto rice fields.
A had turned B will have turned
C have turned D have been turning
70. What_____ you ______this time tomorrow morning?
A will; do B have; been doing
C are; doing D will; be doing