1. ----Any news about Bill Clinton?
----He left power three years ago and has a little now and a little then been ______.
A. heard of since B. heard since C. heard before D. heard of before
解析：答句可改为I have heard of him a little now and a little then since he left power three years ago.→
He has a little now and a little then heard of since he left power three years ago.
2. Professor Liu has ________ teach psychology since he came to the Central China Normal University.
A. determination to B. been determined to C. been determining to D. determined to
3. The idea for the new machine came to Mr. Baker ______ to his invention recently.
A. while devoting B. while devoted C. while he was devoted D. while devoting himself.
Mr Baker thought of the idea for the new machine (B / D) to his invention recently.
4. How many of us ______ a meeting that is not important to us would be interested in the discussion?
A. attended B. attending C. to attend D. have attended
解析：attending a meeting that is not important to us做定语
5. I can _____ some noise while I’m studying, but I can’t stand very loud noise.
A. put up with B. get rid of C. have effects on D. keep away from
解析：从后面的stand可以推断，这里用put up with 表示忍受
6. Before leaving home, make sure to turn off the electricity, lock the door, ______ the windows open.
A. and not to leave B. instead of leaving C. rather than leave D. and not leave
解析：lock和 turn都是不定式肯定形式lock 前省略了to ,但not to leave 是否定形式，to不可省
7. A mysterious illness, referred to as “ a typical phenomena”, has been brought under control, the government said on Wednesday, ______ no cause of it has been made public.
A. though B. when C. that D. because
8. Space exploration has been made ______ with the development of modern science and technology.
A. it possible B. it was possible C. that possible D. possible
解析:该句测试是make sb./ sth.+adj. 结构，如果用A项，后应用to do sth.，因为it是形式宾语，代替不定式。
With the development of modern science and technology, man has made space exploration possible.
9. We want such materials ________ can bear high temperature and pressure.
A. that B. as C. what D. which
解析such materials as 引导的是定语从句,as 在从句中作主语;而such materials that 引导的是结果状语从句，that 在从句中不充当成分。
10. Hardly ___________the door when he rushed into the office out of breath.
A.I opened B. did I open C.I had opened D. had I opened
hardly…when/ no sooner…than 用法相同。
11. You will see this product wherever you go.
A.to be advertised B.advertised C.advertise D.advertising
解析see+宾语+宾补(do/ doing/ done)
They discussed the plan they will see carried out the next year.
→They discussed the plan. They will see it carried out the next year.
12.The time is not far away modern communications will become widespread in China’s vast countryside.
A.as B.until C.before D.when
解析 句子可改为：The time when modern communications will become widespread in China’s vast countryside. when引导定语从句。
13. —I thought you wouldn’t mind.
—Well, as a matter of fact I ; but you should have asked me first.
A.did B.do C.won’t D.don’t
解析 省略句。As a matter of fact, I don’t mind. 从but…应看出用否定
14. It doesn’t matter to me I miss my train, because there’s another one later.
A.that B.if C.unless D. when
15. I realize she can be very troublesome, but I think you should apologize for being so angry with her.
A.all the same B.once in a while C.in actual fact D.all the time
解析 用法如：---- I’m sorry that the shoes don’t suit me.
----- Thank you all the same.
16. —Do you think she’s going to leave? —The had crossed my mind.
A.matter B.hope C.desire D.thought
17. we move the picture over there? Do you think it will look better?
A.If only B.What if C.As if D.Even if
解析 what…if 如果。。。怎么办呢?/ 即使。。。又有什么关系呢?
What if you fail? 即使你失败了又有什么关系呢?
18._________ happened to be no one in the building when the fire broke out.
A. It B. There C. This D.That
解析There was no one in the building when the fire broke out.
Do you expect there to be a possibility that Palestine and Israel will make a peace agreement after
Yasser Arafar died.
19. He left with the secretary that he would call again in the afternoon. He said he would keep .
A.words; his words B.word; his word C.word; word D.the word; his word
解析 word消息,口信时不加冠词.keep/break one’s word信守/违背诺言(为固定结构)
I received word of his safe arrival./ Word came that…
20. I am afraid I am not fit for the job, for it is calling for much patient.
A.which B.what C.one D.that
解析 It is a job(one) calling for much patient.