【 liuxue86.com - 留学申请条件 】

  Germany is the most popular non-Anglophone study destination in the world, and with its trendy student cities and low (or no) tuition fees, it’s not hard to see why.

  Germany is the world’s most popular non-Anglophone study destination, and the third most popular overall – only the US and the UK welcome more international students each year. Find out what motivates so many to study in Germany, and how to choose and apply to a German university.

  Germany is a country characterized by variety. Trendy and modern Berlin can seem a world away from the more traditional and conservative Munich. The gleaming skyscrapers of Frankfurt form a stark contrast to quaint Heidelberg. And if bustling and fast-paced Hamburg becomes too much, you can always retreat to the peaceful and picturesque Middle Rhine region.

  Universities in Germany offer plenty of choice, including some of the most prestigious institutions in Western Europe. Germany’s highest ranked university in the QS World University Rankings® 2016-2017 is Technische Universität München (ranked 60th in the world), followed by Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München (joint 68th) and Ruprecht-Karls-Universität Heidelberg (72nd).

  Beyond that, every major German city you can think of has at least one university ranked among the world’s best. A total of 15 German universities make the world’s top 250, and 31 are included within the world’s top 500. This establishes Germany well within the world’s higher education elite.

  In addition to world-class universities, Germany also offers high quality of life, relatively low tuition fees, extensive support and scholarship schemes for international students, and decent post-graduation employment prospects. So it’s easy to see why so many choose to study in Germany each year.

  If you’re planning to study in Germany at postgraduate level, check out our dedicated guides for master’s degrees in Germany and PhDs in Germany.

  If you’re planning to study your first university degree in Germany, read on…









  1. Choose a university

  So, you’ve decided on Germany as your study abroad destination – now it’s time to choose the right course and university for you. The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) has a database of almost 17,000 programs available to search from, including 88 programs in English. Unfortunately opportunities to study in Germany in Englishat undergraduate level are currently quite limited, though there are some courses taught in both English and German (typically starting with English for the first two to four semesters and then changing to German). This allows you to study in English while improving your proficiency in German, particularly as your university may offer German language classes.

  You may also like to consider the latest rankings of the top universities in Germany while making your decision, or check the latest QS World University Rankings by Subject to find the top German institutions in your field. When choosing a university and a course you should also make sure the course content suits you. Check the information provided on the official websites of universities you’re considering, and get in touch to request more detail if needed.

  You should also consider the location. Are you interested in living in cool capital Berlin, immersed in the traditional Bavarian culture of Munich, amidst the skyscrapers of financial hub Frankfurt, or in a quieter student city such as Göttingen?





  2. Check the admission requirements

  Before applying, check that your current qualifications are recognized by your chosen university. To study in Germany you need to have a recognized Hochschulzugangsberechtigung(HZB), meaning ‘higher education entrance qualification’. This can come in many formats, particularly for international students who have gained their school-leaving qualifications in a different country.

  For prospective undergraduate students, a high-school diploma, school-leaving certificate or university entrance exam result is usually sufficient, and the DAAD has a database of information on admission requirements for selected countries. Students with qualifications from outside Europe may have to sit the Feststellungsprüfung entrance examination after attending a preparatory Studienkolleg, although high-achieving students may be able to bypass this.

  You’ll also need to check the language requirements. Most courses are taught in German, requiring international applicants to submit proof of proficiency in the German language. Two main tests are available for this purpose: the Deutsche Sprachprüfung für den Hochschulzugang (DSH, meaning “German language examination for university entrance”) and the TestDaF (formerly Test Deutsch als Fremdsprache, meaning “Test of German as a foreign language”).

  The DSH is offered only within Germany, at various universities, while the TestDaF can be taken at centers in more than 90 countries worldwide. Both are equally well recognized, but you should check the test you intend to take is accepted by the universities you want to apply to.

  If your course is taught in English, unless you are a native speaker or have previously studied in English, you will need to prove your knowledge of the language with a test such as IELTS or TOEFL. Universities will usually state the score/s they require on their websites.

  The language of instruction at most universities in Germany is German. All students undertaking a German-taught program will need to be able to demonstrate a firm knowledge of the language, either by means of a language test result or by taking a preparatory course. Accepted proficiency tests are the DSH (German Language University Entrance Examination for International Applicants),TestDaF (Test of German as a Foreign Language), GDS (Goethe Institut German Language Diploma) and the DSD (German Language Diploma of the Standing Conference of the Minister of Education and Cultural Affairs, Level II). If you are only studying in Germany for one or two semesters you may not need to provide this evidence.

  If you have a limited knowledge of German, you could consider taking an English-language program. There are a growing number of English-taught programs at universities in Germany, particularly at postgraduate level. If you are a non-native English speaker, you may be required to provide proof of your English-language proficiency with a TOEFL or IELTS result. If your chosen school requires this, they will list ‘proof of English-language proficiency’ as an entry requirement.


  在你申请之前,请检查你所选择的大学是否承认你目前取得的学历资格。想要在德国留学,你需要有一个公认的Hochschulzugangsberechtigung (HZB),意思是就是“高等教育入学资格”。这可以有多种形式,特别是对于那些在不同国家获得了毕业资格的国际学生来说。


  你还需要了解语言要求。大多数课程都是用德语授课的,这也就要求国际申请人提交德语的熟练程度证明。有两个主流测测试可以用于此目的:有两个主要的测试可用于此目的:the Deutsche Sprachprüfung für den Hochschulzugang (简称为DSH,也就是“德国高校外国申请者入学德语考试”) 和TestDaF (也叫德福,全称是Test Deutsch als Fremdsprache,意思是“德国作为一种外语的测试”,对象是以赴德留学为目的的外国学习德语者或一般只想证明自己德语语言水平的人)。



  德国大部分大学的教学语言都是德语。所有参加德语授课课程的学生需要证明你有相关的语言知识,你可以通过提供语言测试结果,或者参加预备课程的方式来证明。官方德语语言能力测试有DSH (国际学生申请德语语言大学入学考试)、德福(TestDaF,德语作为一门外语的测试)、GDS (歌德学院德语语言文凭)和DSD (教育和文化事务常务会议德语语言文凭,等级II)。如果你只在德国大学学习一个或两个学期,你可能不需要提供这些证明。


  3. Get your finances in order

  In order to fulfill student visa requirements, you will need to show proof that you have, or have access to, around €7,908 per year (US$8,722) or €659 (US$727) per month to cover your living costs, although you may find you need more, depending on your lifestyle and spending habits (the average student spends €800/US$877 a month). Living costs vary depending on the location; according to Mercer’s Cost of Living Survey, Munich is currently Germany’s most expensive city, followed by Frankfurt am Main and Berlin.

  If you’re concerned about costs, there are scholarships available to support students studying in Germany at various study levels including undergraduate level, despite the tuition itself being free.

  While many students are able to study in Germany for free, living expenses are unavoidable. The cost of living in Germany is more expensive in some areas than others (big cities such as Munich as well as cities across western Germany tend to be more expensive), with costs ranging from €350 to €1,000 (~US$482 to US$1,377) per month. Rent will be your largest monthly expense, but is cheaper if you live in a shared flat (average rent of €298/US$340 per month) or a student hall of residence (€240/US$275 per month).

  Based on data from the DAAD, other average monthly costs are as follows: €165 (~US$190) for food; €52 (US$60) for clothes; €82 (US$95) for transport; €33 (US$38) for telephone, internet and TV license; €30 (US$35) for work/study materials, and €68 (US$80) for leisure activities.

  You won’t need a visa to study in Germany if you’re an EU national or a citizen of Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway or Switzerland. Otherwise expect to pay around €60 (US$70) for your student visa, but there are also fee reductions or waivers for Schengen visas. In order to fulfill the visa requirements, you will need to show proof that you have, or have access to, around €8,040 per year (US$9,230) or €670 (US$770) per month to cover your living costs.

  You will also need health insurance as a pre-condition of registering at a German university. If you’re a resident of a country within the EU or EEA, there should be a social security agreement between your country and Germany. This means that if you have public health insurance, you should be covered in Germany as well (full list here). If your health insurance is not valid in Germany, expect to pay between €80 (US$90) and €160 (US$180) per month to cover this.

  The German Academic Exchange Service, otherwise known as the DAAD (Deutscher Akademischer Austausch Dienst), provides support for German and international students to gain funding to live and study in Germany for free or at a more affordable cost. DAAD scholarships to study in Germany are offered to German and international students of all levels, as well as academics and researchers. To find relevant scholarships to study in Germany, you can search based on keywords, study level, country of origin and subject.

  Another useful resource comes from the Federal Ministry of Education and Research or BMBF (Bundesministerium für Bildung und Forschung), which hosts a site dedicated to providing information on scholarships to study in Germany.


  为了满足德国学生签证的要求,你需要证明你有或者有机会有大约7908欧元(8722美元)每年,或者659欧元 (727美元)每个月的钱,用于支付你在德国留学期间的生活费用,但是你可能会发现你需要比这更多的钱,具体的生活费用要根据你的生活方式和消费习惯(平均学生花费为800欧元/877美元每月)。生活费用因你的留学地点而异,根据美世生活成本调查显示,慕尼黑是目前德国最昂贵的城市,随后的是法兰克福和柏林。


  虽然很多学生都能够免费在德国留学,但是德国留学期间的生活费也是不可避免的。在德国有些区域的生活成本要比另外的区域更高,比如在慕尼黑等大城市还有德国西部的城市就更昂贵,生活费为350欧元到1000欧元每月(约合482美元到1,377美元) 。房子租金会成为你每个月最大的一笔开支,但是如果你跟别人一起合租的话,租金会要便宜一些,平均租金为298欧元(约合340美元)每个月,或者你还可以选择住在学生宿舍,费用也会更便宜,只需要240欧元(约合275美元)每个月。

  根据德意志学术交流中心(DAAD)的数据显示,其他每个月的平均费用还有以下几个方面:165欧元(约合190美元) 的餐食费用,52欧元(约合60美元)的衣服购买费用,82欧元(约合95美元)的交通费用,33欧元(约合38美元)的电话、互联网和电视许可证费用,30 欧元(约合35美元) 的工作\学习材料费用,以及68欧元(约合80美元)的休闲活动开支。

  如果你是来自欧盟国家或者冰岛列支敦士登挪威或者瑞士这些国家的公民,那么你不需要留学签证就可以来德国留学。否则你就需要花费大约60欧元(约合70美金)的费用来申请你的留学签证,但是申根签证也可以享受费用降低或者免除的福利。为了满足德国留学签证申请的要求,你需要证明你自己拥有或者有权接触,大约8,040欧元(约合9,230美元) 每年或者670欧元(约合770美元)每个月的金额,用于支付你在德国留学期间的生活费用。

  如果你想要在德国大学注册,你还需要购买健康保险,这是在德国大学注册的前提条件。如果你是一个来自欧盟或者欧洲经济区国家的居民,那么你的国家和德国之间应该有社会保障协议。这就意味着,如果你已经购买了公共医疗保险,那么你在德国留学期间也可以同样享受这个保险。如果你不确定你是否能够享受,请在来德国留学之前就资讯清楚。如果你的健康保险在德国是无效的,那么你每个月需要支付大约80欧元(约合90美元) 到160欧元 (约合180美元)的健康保险费。



  4. Apply!

  There are a total of 42 German universities featured in the latest edition of theQS World University Rankings®, meaning that you have a great selection of world-leading universities to choose from. If you want to study in a world-renowned student city, you might consider Munich or Berlin, both ranked among the world’s top 20 cities for students in the QS Best Student Cities index. But there are lots of regions of Germany with lots to offer students, including North Rhine-Westphalia (home of cities such as Dusseldorf and Cologne), Baden-Wurttemberg (home of Stuttgart), Bavaria (home of Munich), Hesse (home of Frankfurt am Main), Lower Saxony (home of Hannover), Saxony (home of Dresden) and Hamburg (a state which is also a city).

  For most subjects, you can apply directly to the international office of the university. Alternatively, you can use the website www.uni-assist.de, a centralized admissions portal for international students, run by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD), although not all universities use this. You may wish to apply for numerous courses and universities separately to increase your chances of being admitted.

  At many German universities it’s possible to apply for admission twice a year – to commence studies either in the winter or summer semester. The summer semester runs from March to August at Fachhochschulen (Universities of Applied Sciences) and April to September at universities; the winter semester is from September to February and October to March respectively.

  In general, applications for winter enrolments need to be made by 15 July, and applications for summer enrolments by 15 January. However, application deadlines vary between institutions, and the same institution may set different deadlines for each program – be sure to carefully check the specific dates for your chosen course.

  It’s recommended to submit applications at least six weeks before the deadline, to ensure time for corrections or additions if any information is missing. You should expect to receive a formal acceptance or rejection approximately one to two months after the deadline has passed.

  The specific documents required and application process will be set by each institution, but you’ll typically be asked to submit:

  -A certified copy of your high-school diploma or previous degrees, and any other relevant qualifications in the original language

  -A translated overview of your course modules and grades

  -A passport photo

  -A copy of your passport (personal information and photo ID page)

  -Proof of language proficiency (a test certificate or online equivalent)

  To ensure the best chances of acceptance, take care to provide all the documentation requested, make sure all your documentation is certified (copies of documents also need to be certified by the awarding school), and check that you’ve filled out all your information correctly before submitting your application. An application fee may be charged.

  For some subjects, there is a nationwide cap on the number of students who can enroll. For these subjects (mostly life sciences), students from the EU (plus Norway, Iceland or Liechtenstein) need to apply through the Foundation of Higher Education Admission. Students from outside the EU should apply as normal.











  -你的护照复印件 (个人信息页和照片ID页)




  5. Take out health insurance

  Before you leave your home country you should ensure you’ve purchased health insurance to cover you during your stay in Germany. This is required both before you enroll and before you get a student visa and/or residence permit. If you’re a resident of a country within the EU or EEA, there should be a social security agreement in place between your country and Germany. This means that if you have public health insurance in your home country, you should be covered in Germany as well (full list here). You will generally need to get a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) to take advantage of this (free to obtain).

  If your health insurance is not valid in Germany, expect to pay between €80 (US$88) and €160 (US$176) per month to cover this. The cost is higher if you’re over 30, and if you’re over 29 when starting your course you can only obtain private insurance.


  在你离开你的祖国之前,你应该确保你已经购买了健康保险,保险的有效期需要覆盖你在德国留学的时间。在你注册入学之前,以及在你获得德国留学签证和/或居留许可之前,获得健康保险是必须的。如果你是来自欧盟或欧洲经济区国家的居民,在你的国家和德国之间应该有一个社会保障协议。这意味着,如果你有公共健康保险在你的祖国, 你应该覆盖在德国以及 (完整的名单在这里)。你通常需要得到一个欧洲健康保险卡 (ehic) 利用这一点 (免费获得)。

  如果你的健康保险在德国无效,预计你需要每月支付80欧元(88美元) 到160欧元(176美元),以支付此费用。如果你超过30岁那么这笔花费还会更高,如果你在29岁之后才开始你的课程,那么你只能参加私人保险。

  6. Get a German student visa

  The requirements for obtaining a student visa for Germany depend on your country of origin. You can find an overview of the countries for which a student visa is or isn’t required on the Foreign Federal Office’s website.

  If you have gained admission to study at a university in Germany, you will need to find out whether you need to apply for a German student visa. Many students do not need a student visa to study in Germany, but just need a residence permit. If you do need a visa, be sure to apply as early as possible, as the process may take a few months.

  Applicants within the European Union (including Norway, Switzerland, Iceland and Liechtenstein):

  If you are applying to study in Germany from within the EU (including Norway, Switzerland, Iceland and Liechtenstein) you do not need to obtain a German student visa before entering the country.

  Applicants from the US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Israel, Japan, South Korea:

  If you are from any of these countries you do not need a visa to study in Germany. However, you will need to register at the local Residents’ Registration Office and the Aliens’ Registration Office (Ausländeramt) to obtain a residence permit (Aufenthaltserlaubnis) within two weeks of arrival in the country.

  Applicants from Andorra, Brazil, El Salvador, Honduras, Monaco, San Marino or Taiwan:

  If you are from any of these countries, you will only need a German student visa if you plan to work before or after your degree. In this case you should apply for the visa in your home country via your local German embassy or consulate. Both visa holders and non-visa holders will also need to apply for a residence permit within two weeks of entry. Students from Taiwan must have a passport which includes an identity card number.

  Applicants from the rest of the world:

  If you are from any other country not listed above, you will require a student visa for Germany. You should apply for this via the local German embassy or consulate in your home country. The typical fee for a visa is €60 (~US$65).

  If you need a student visa for Germany, you should apply as soon as possible, and at least three months before your move to the country. To do this you’ll need to contact the local German embassy or consulate in your home country.

  The documents you typically need are:

  -Completed application form

  -Valid passport

  -Two photographs

  -Letter showing you’ve been accepted by a German university

  -Transcript of academic record

  -Certificate of German language proficiency or proof that you intend on attending a language course in Germany (if studying in German)

  -Proof that you have sufficient funds to support yourself while living in Germany (€8,000 per year, which is ~US$8,670)

  -Certificate showing you’ve purchased health insurance

  Declaration of authenticity of documents submitted

  Dependent on the embassy, you may also need to show proof that you don’t have a criminal record. One of the ways in which you can prove you have sufficient funds to study in Germany is by depositing a security payment into a blocked account – this means you cannot withdraw the money until after you arrive in Germany.

  If you are planning to study in Germany for more than 90 days you should apply for a National Visa for the purpose of study rather than a Schengen Visa, which will only allow you to stay in Germany for three months.

  As well as your student visa, you will also need to apply for a residence permit on arrival.




  来自欧盟国家的申请人(包括挪威,瑞士,冰岛和列支敦士登) :






















  7. Find accommodation

  Once you’ve gained a place on a course and your student visa (if applicable), it’s advisable to start looking for accommodation, as unfortunately most German universities do not offer accommodation to enrolling students. Rent is likely to be your biggest monthly expense, and this will vary depending on which part of the country you live in. In big cities within Western Germany (i.e. Dusseldorf, Cologne etc.) and smaller, student-oriented cities such as Heidelberg and Freiburg, you should expect to pay slightly more than if you were living in eastern Germany (i.e. Berlin).

  When looking for accommodation in Germany, you should consider student residences, shared accommodation or an apartment. An unshared apartment is the most expensive choice, and this will generally cost in the region of €350-400 (US$386-441) a month. Shared accommodation is the most popular form of accommodation and would be cheaper at around €280 (US$309) a month, while student residences are cheaper yet again at around €240 (US$265) a month.

  If you struggle to find suitable accommodation there are many temporary options available, such as hostels.

  Once you’ve found a place to live, you need to register at the ‘residents’ registration office’ (Einwohnermeldeamt) or the ‘citizens’ bureau’ (Bürgeramt).


  一旦你已经获得了课程录取名额以及你的学生签证 (如果适用的话) ,那么建议你最好开始寻找住宿。不幸的是,大多数德国大学无法为其注册的学生提供住宿。这就意味着,你需要自己找到住宿的地方。因为德国的大学不收取学费,那么房租很可能是你每个月的最大开销,当然这也将取决于你住在德国的哪个位置。如果你住在西部德国的大城市,如杜塞尔多夫、科隆等,以及以学生为主体的小一点的城市,如海德堡大学和弗赖堡,那么你应该做好心理准备你需要比住在德国东部(如柏林)支付略多的费用。




  8. Enroll

  Enrolment turns applicants into students – you must enroll before you can start your course and use university facilities such as the library. You’ll also need to re-register before the start of every semester. This usually costs between €150 and €250 (US$165-275), depending on the university. There may be an additional charge of around €100 (US$110) for a “Semesterticket”, which covers public transport expenses for six months.

  Depending on the university, you may need to enroll in person or simply email or post the necessary documents before a certain deadline – if in doubt, check with the university for details of the enrollment process.

  The usual documents you need for enrollment are:

  Your passport with visa or residence permit

  -A passport photo

  -Completed registration form

  -Proof of higher education entrance qualification, either original certificates or officially certified copies and translations

  -Notice of admission

  -Evidence of adequate knowledge of German (or English)

  -Evidence of statutory health insurance in Germany

  -Payment receipt for the semester fee

  Once enrolled, you will receive a registration certificate which allows you to apply for your residence permit and register for classes.


  入学是将申请人变成学生——你必须先注册,然后才能开始你的课程以及使用大学的设施,例如图书馆。你还需要在每个学期开始前重新注册。通常的注册费用为150欧元到250欧元之间 (165-275美元) ,具体费用取决于大学。可能还需要大约100欧元(110美元)的费用用于学期优惠乘车票(Semesterticket),这个乘车票包括六个月的公共交通费用。











  9. Settle in to student life in Germany

  Congratulations, you should now be (mostly) all set to begin your studies in Germany! Don’t forget to pack all theessentials, as well as arranging a few more important affairs:

  -If you haven’t already, once you’ve found accommodation you must register with the local registration office of your city (Einwohnermeldeamt or Bürgeramt). Once registered, you’ll receive a document confirming your registration at that address, which you can then use for the next step…

  -Get a student bank account. Most banks offer these for free, and it will make managing your regular payments (such as accommodation) much easier. You should open this account as soon as possible and ensure you have enough money in the meantime.

  -If you’d like to find a part-time job while you study, you can do so if you are a full-time EU or EEA student (excluding students from Bulgaria and Romania), with no restrictions on where or when you can work. If you are a full-time student from outside of the EU (or from Romania and Bulgaria), you will be limited to working up to 90 days full time or 180 days part-time per year before you must apply for a work permit. Upon gaining paid work in Germany you should contact the German employment office to learn about the legal conditions.

  -Make sure your studies are organized. Students need to put together a timetable themselves – your Kommentierte Vorlesungsverzeichnis (KVV), or Annotated Course Catalogue, course schedule and examination regulations should help you with this, or you may be able to compile it online. You may well also need to decide on what course modules you’d like to attend.

  If you’re worried or unsure about anything, ask for help from the advisory service offered by the student committee (Fachschaft) or your university’s international office.

  Student life in Germany thrives on adrenaline and curiosity. German people are friendly but give you privacy; mutual respect and order are part of the daily routine; and cultural diversity is worth exploring in every inch of the country, as it makes you feel part of one entity rather than a total stranger.

  Outdoor activities are pretty popular in Germany, including sports, hiking, cycling, skiing and more – so students who consider themselves athletic are going to fit in just fine. As most international students choose to live in metropolises, they’ll find lots of activities to fill their spare time; hanging out in bars, clubbing, theater and cinema are all part of student life in Germany. Most of the great German cities are artsy and have a vivid underground music scene, full of hipster fashion, books and ideals which all make for an enlightening and interesting experience.

  If you get tired of the frenzy, you’ll find that Germans are for the most part more private people, who prefer smaller gatherings behind closed doors, enjoying their food and beverages in a more intimate atmosphere. Once you have a chance to join local friendship groups, you will start learning about “real” life in Germany.

  Germans are by all means green. Parks and green spaces are part of every neighborhood and remain the ideal space to calm the mind. Travelling in and out of the country promises surreal landscapes, great architecture and loads of historical data to be revealed.

  Another true advantage to life in Germany is the excellent public transport, which is efficient, safe and fast. As an additional perk of studying in Germany, you get a travel card for free by paying enrollment and administrative taxes that are ridiculously low.


  恭喜你,你现在应该已经开始(或者即将开始) 你在德国的留学生活了吧!别忘了打包好所有需要的东西,以及安排一些更重要的事情:

  -如果你还没有开始你的留学生活,一旦你找到了住处,你必须在你所在城市的当地注册办公室 (Einwohnermeldeamt 或 Bürgeramt)注册。一旦你完成注册之后,你将收到一份文件,确认你在该地址的注册,然后你可以使用这个文件做另外的用途。

  -获取学生银行帐户。大多数银行免费提供这些服务,这也将使你的日常支付(例如住宿) 更容易管理。你应该尽快去银行开通账户,同时确保你有足够的钱。



  -确保你的学习课程已经安排好的。学生需要自己制定自己的课程表——也就是你的Kommentierte Vorlesungsverzeichnis (KVV), 或者附加说明的课程目录,课程安排和考试规定应该能够帮助你,或者你可以在网上完成你的课程表。你还需要决定你想要参加什么样的课程模块。








  想了解更多留学申请条件网的资讯,请访问: 留学申请条件



留学高级顾问 免费咨询 >>