留学社区

目录

爱尔兰都柏林圣三一学院基本概况

字典 |

2017-09-12 14:52

|

【 liuxue86.com - 教育体系 】

学校名称: 美国三一学院 Trinity College

所在位置:美国,300 Summit Street, Hartford CT 06106

学校中文网址:https://meiguo.liuxue86.com/school/9402/

  位于爱尔兰首都的都柏林圣三一学院已经有400多年的历史了,是爱尔兰著名的古典大学之一,跟着出国留学网一起来了解下爱尔兰都柏林圣三一学院基本概况吧,欢迎阅读。

blob.png

  一、关于都柏林圣三一学院

  About Trinity College Dublin

  The University of Dublin, Trinity College was founded in 1592.Our three faculties are Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences; Engineering, Mathematics and Science; and Health Sciences.The city centre campus occupies some 51 acres (including the Trinity Technology andEnterprise Campus).There is in excess of 220,000 m2 of buildings, including beautiful historic architecture and state-of-the-art modern facilities.Students can avail of over 100 College societies and 50 active Sports Clubs.Trinity College Dublin is Ireland's No.1 University(QS World University Ranking 2016 Academic Ranking of World Universities (Shanghai), 2016).Trinity is ranked 88th in the World.(QS World University Ranking, 2017/18)Internationalisation,Trinity is ranked 41st in the World in terms of International Outlook.(Times Higher Education World University Ranking, 2016).Trinity is also ranked in the top 100 Universities in the world in the following subject areas.History.Performing Arts,Philosophy,Biological Sciences.Pharmacy and PharmacologyMaterials Science,Education,Geography,Chemistry,Law,Social Policy and Administration,Sociology,Trinity College Dublin.At Trinity College Dublin, the University of Dublin we provide a liberal environment where independence of thought is highly valued and all are encouraged to achieve their potential. We promote a diverse, interdisciplinary, inclusive environment which nurtures ground-breaking research, innovation, and creativity through engaging with issues of global significance.Located in a beautiful campus in the heart of Dublin’s city centre, Trinity is Ireland’s highest ranked university and one of the world’s top 100. It is home to 17,000 undergraduate and postgraduate students across all the major disciplines in the arts and humanities, and in business, law, engineering, science, and health sciences.Trinity’s tradition of independent intellectual inquiry has produced some of the world’s finest, most original minds including the writers Oscar Wilde and Samuel Beckett (Nobel laureate), the scientists William Rowan Hamilton and Ernest Walton (Nobel laureate), the political thinker Edmund Burke, and the former President of Ireland and UNHCR Mary Robinson. This tradition finds expression today in a campus culture of scholarship, innovation, creativity, entrepreneurship and dedication to societal reform

  三一学院都柏林

  关于都柏林三一学院,都柏林大学三一学院成立于1592年,我们的三个学院是艺术学院、人文学院社会科学学院、工程,数学与科学和健康科学学院。市中心校区占地约51亩(包括三一科技与企业园区),有超过22万米的建筑,这些建筑包括美丽的历史建筑和国家的最先进的现代化设施,学生可以利用这些建筑组织100多个学院社团和50个活跃的体育俱乐部。都柏林三一学院是爱尔兰排名第一的大学,(世界大学学术排名(上海),2016),都柏林三一学院在世界排名第88命,(QS世界大学排名,2017/18),都柏林三一学院在世界排名第41位。都柏林三一学院的护理专业排名第31位。都柏林三一学院英语,语言文学专业排名第32位。都柏林三一学院现代语言专业排名第39位。都柏林三一学院政治和国际研究专业排名第43位。都柏林三一学院在以下学科领域也被列为世界前100名:历史专业、表演艺术专业、哲学专业、生物科学专业、药学与药理学专业、材料科学专业、教育专业、地理专业、化学专业、法学专业、社会政策与行政专业、社会学专业。在都柏林三一学院,都柏林大学我们提供了一个自由的环境,思想的独立性被高度重视,并且都鼓励他们实现自己的潜力。我们通过参与全球意义上的问题促进多样化、跨学科、包容的环境,培育突破性的研究,创新和创造力。位于都柏林市中心一个美丽的校园内,都柏林三一学院是爱尔兰排名最高的大学之一,是世界排名前100位的大学之一。它拥有艺术和人文学科以及商业领域所有主要学科的17,000名本科和研究生法律、工程、科学和健康科学。都柏林三一学院的自主知识探索传统已经产生了世界上最好的、最原始的思想包括作家奥斯卡·王尔德和塞缪尔·贝克特(诺贝尔奖获得者),科学家威廉·罗文·汉密尔顿和欧内斯特·沃尔顿(诺贝尔奖获得者),政治思想家埃德蒙·伯克(Edmund Burke)和爱尔兰前总统,难民专员办事处玛丽·罗宾逊。这种传统在今天的校园文化中发挥了充分的创新力、创造力、创业精神和对社会改革的奉献精神。

  二、历史沿革

  History

  Trinity College Dublin was created by royal charter in 1592, at which point Dublin Corporation provided a suitable site, the former Priory of All Hallows. Its foundation came at a time when many universities were being established across western Europe in the belief that they would give prestige to the state in which they were located and that their graduates, clergy for the most part, would perform a vital service as civil administrators. By the 1590s England had two long-established universities, each with an expanding group of colleges, and Scotland four. The idea of a university college for Ireland emerged at a time when the English state was strengthening its control over the kingdom and when Dublin was beginning to function as a capital city. The group of citizens, lay and clerical, who were main promoters of the scheme believed that the establishment of a university was an essential step in bringing Ireland into the mainstream of European learning and in strengthening the Protestant Reformation within the country.

  During the next fifty years the community grew: endowments, including landed estates, were secured, new fellowships founded, a curriculum devised and statutes determining internal governance were framed. The international reputation of Ussher, one of its first alumni, helped place the College on the European map. But its existence was gravely threatened at two points in the seventeenth century, first when central government collapsed in the wake of the 1641 rising, followed by the temporary eclipse of the Church of Ireland in the wake of Cromwell’s victories; secondly, with the roller-coaster events of 1689/91, when Tyrconnell’s short-lived Catholic government closed the university, expelled the fellows and students, and converted the buildings into a Jacobite barracks. The library however was spared.

  The following century was an era of political stability in Ireland, thanks to the firm monopoly on political power held by the land-owning and largely Church of Ireland upper class, and the College was in material terms a great beneficiary from this state of affairs: its landed income grew very substantially in the course of the century and it enjoyed the recurring patronage of the Irish parliament across College Green, evident in the scale and quality of its new buildings. The first structure dating from this era was a massive new library (1712-32), initiated while George Berkeley, another celebrated alumnus of the College, was librarian; its size, far greater than then required, reflected long-sighted enlightenment ambitions, and it was followed by a string of other classical buildings on the western half of the campus: the Printing House (1733-4), the West Front (1752-9), the Dining Hall (c.1760-65), and the Provost’s House (1759-61). During the second half of the century Parliament Square slowly emerged, shaped by the Public Theatre (1777-86) and the new Chapel (1787-98), which were designed from afar by George III’s architect, Sir William Chambers. The great building drive was completed in the early nineteenth century by the residential quadrangles of Botany Bay and New Square.

  The First World War marked a general turning point in the College’s fortunes, the human cost recognised in the hall of honour (1928), erected in Front Square. The Easter Rising of 1916 had engulfed the College environs, and Trinity was lucky to escape serious physical damage. However wartime inflation and the drastic erosion of its assets threatened the College’s peacetime future. In the new Free State that emerged after the War of Independence in 1922, Trinity lacked the benign support of government that it had always enjoyed, and the new national administration, financially weak and recovering from civil war, had more pressing priorities. Therefore, at a time when the newer universities in Britain were growing in strength and prestige, TCD found itself without the revenues required to advance research and scholarship in what was an increasingly science-centred world.

  Student numbers however held up well in the inter-war period, but with very limited philanthropic support and none from the state, TCD’s capacity to develop was severely constrained. Some new disciplines were introduced at little cost, notably degree courses in commerce, economics and politics, and the first night-school diplomas, ranging from art history to public administration, were very successful. But it was only after the end of the Second World War that the university once again sought financial support from government; it was promptly given. That modest agreement in 1947 marks the beginnings of TCD’s transition towards becoming a large state-funded university, although this was not apparent until the 1970s. In the meantime, cramped by continuing church restrictions on Catholic attendance, the College increased its enrollment of students from Britain and the United States at a time when overall numbers were falling below pre-war levels. In some years around 1960, nearly half the student body was coming from outside Ireland (north and south).

  The overall student population remained small until the mid-1960s, when the cap was raised by a third to 4,000. At that same point the Irish government became involved in capital investment within the College, sharing the costs of building a new library with the College’s fundraisers. In the same period private philanthropy, again led by the Guinness family, and international philanthropic trusts, notably the Wellcome, were dramatically improving the stock of medical and science buildings, and enabling the development of new disciplines such as biochemistry, genetics and preventive medicine.

  The real growth in student numbers began in the 1970s, reflecting the introduction of free second-level education and of third-level student grants, the removal of the Catholic episcopal ‘ban’ (in 1970), the widening career opportunities for women and a stronger underlying economy in Ireland. Trinity’s recruitment field became much more heavily concentrated within the Republic of Ireland, and College policy in the early 1970s was to bring down the non-Irish proportion to 15 per cent. The new ‘massification’ of higher education took physical form with the construction of a large Arts and Social Sciences Building on the south side of the campus (opened in 1978). This was almost entirely funded by the national exchequer.

  The diversification of the curriculum continued in the last quarter of the century, with the mushroom growth of information science and computing, the medical therapies, nursing, and teacher training, the latter developed in conjunction with the three Dublin teacher-training colleges with which TCD had become associated in the 1970s. The College also became involved in the oversight and accreditation of technical degree courses delivered across Dublin by the Vocational Colleges (until the Dublin Institute of Technology was established as an independent degree-awarding body). But a more generic change was the huge expansion of postgraduate activity, both of taught courses and research degrees, many of these closely related to the professions. And by the 1990s post-doctoral researchers, scattered across all disciplines, had become a new segment of the academic community, reflecting the scale and complexity of research teams and the opportunities for research funding at national and European levels.

  There have been two major internal waves of academic reorganisation over the last fifty years: the incorporation in 1968 of all academic departments into six faculty units, headed by deans, and the integration of academic departments into schools in 2004-08, with in turn a reduction in the number of faculties to three. Faculty deans have now come to play a strategic role in the management of the university. These changes since the 1960s facilitated the incorporation of many new teaching departments (including Business Studies, Dentistry, Drama and Film Studies, History of Art, Linguistics, Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering, Pharmacology and Pharmacy, Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy, Psychology, Sociology and Statistics). And the recent programme of academic restructuring facilitated the establishment of five large trans-disciplinary research institutes in areas of particular international strength, one focusing on Adaptive Nanostructures and Nanodevices (CRANN), one on Neuroscience (TCIN), one on International Integration Studies (IIIS), one on research in the Arts and Humanities (the Trinity Long Room Hub), and the Trinity Biomedical Sciences Institute (TBSI).

  In 1993 the College also began to boost recruitment from within Dublin city by developing a series of access programmes (TAP). The aim was to raise the number of young adults from socio-economic and ethnic groups underrepresented in higher education coming to university. At the same time, new efforts were made to recruit mature students. By 2009-10, over 15 per cent of all Irish entrants to the university were ‘non-traditional’ students, two-fifths of whom were in the mature category.

  Another major change in the second half of the twentieth century was in the composition of the academic staff: it became progressively more international. Until the 1930s the great majority had been doubly indigenous, being Irish-born and Dublin University graduates, including many who returned, like Ernest Walton who came back from Cambridge in 1934 and shared the Nobel Prize for Physics in 1951, arising out of his work two decades earlier on splitting the atom. The dominance of indigenous graduates in the academic community had all but disappeared by the 1980s, and the increasingly cosmopolitan character of the College helped drive change in the curriculum, in research, and in the general appetite for innovation across the institution. There has meanwhile been a transformation in the size of the academic community: in 1950 the academic staff had totaled less than 125, far out-numbering the support staff; by 2011, in a vastly different environment, there were 676 academics and 667 research fellows and assistants, out of a total staff complement of 2,860.

  In terms of physical development since 1950, the College contributed to the small stock of fine modernist architecture in Dublin, beginning with the Berkeley Library (1965-6), the Arts Building (1977-8), the Dental Hospital, the O’Reilly Institute (1989), the Ussher Library (1999-2001) and the Long Room Hub (2008-10). But by 2000 the College had begun to burst out of its campus home, with a huge expansion of its halls of residence off campus, and with Nursing, Drama, and the Social Sciences putting down new roots a short distance away. But the most ambitious construction project in the College’s history, the Trinity Biomedical Sciences Institute in Pearse St (2008-11), has become the strongest physical statement of the College’s outward movement. The opening of this development, which now houses five academic schools, coincided with the development of the Trinity Academic Medical Centre, an alliance between the university and its two main teaching hospitals, St James’s and AMNCH, Tallaght. And west along Pearse St, the Science Gallery was opened in 2008 as part of the new Naughton Institute: within a short time the Gallery has become a highly successful centre for ‘science outreach’ and art-science collaboration, exploiting to the full the potential for creative interaction between college and capital city.

  都柏林圣三一学院历史

  都柏林圣三一学院是1592年由皇家特许成立的,都柏林公司提供了一个合适的地点,即所有圣器的前修道院。该基金会成立之时,当时有许多大学都在西欧建立,因为他们相信他们会给自己所在的国家带来声望,而他们的毕业生,大部分的神职人员,都将作为民事管理人员履行重要的职责。截止到1590年,英格兰有两所历史悠久的大学,每一所大学都在扩大,而苏格兰有四所。爱尔兰一所大学的想法出现在英国政府加强对王国的控制,以及都柏林开始成为一个首都城市的时候。作为该计划的主要推动者的公民、世俗和神职人员,认为建立一所大学是将爱尔兰带入欧洲学习主流、加强国内新教改革的重要一步。这个新机构的组织设计受到牛津、剑桥和欧洲大陆先驱的影响,但从一开始,它是由“教务长和研究员”管理的自治公司,致力于教学和学术,第一个和(后来证明)只有都柏林大学学位授予大学的学院。这所大学坐落在小城墙的东边,比学生和学生所需要的小社区要大得多,而1590年代的第一座砖砌建筑只占据了现在的前广场的一小部分。但从一开始,学院的图书馆就成为了优先事项,而早期的都柏林圣三一学院的学者(尤其是Luke Challoner和Luke Challoner)收集了最初的书籍,从其他16世纪的基础上标记出了都柏林三一学院。许多早期的毕业生,在哲学和神学方面都有良好的基础,他们开始在国家教会,即爱尔兰的圣公会教堂进行神职。在接下来的50年里,这个社区发展起来了:包括有土地的地产在内的捐赠基金得到了保障,成立了新的奖学金,制定了一门课程,制定了内部治理的章程。Ussher是其第一个校友之一,他的国际声誉帮助该学院在欧洲地图上排名。但它的存在在17世纪的两点上受到严重威胁,第一次是在1641年中央政府垮台之后,接着是在克伦威尔胜利之后的爱尔兰教会暂时的黯然失色。其次,随着1689/91年的过山车事件,Tyrconnell的短命的天主教政府关闭了大学,驱逐了学生和学生,并将这些建筑改造成一个雅各派的兵营。然而,图书馆却幸免于难。

  接下来的一个世纪是爱尔兰政治稳定的时代,由于公司对政治权力的垄断主要拥有土地和爱尔兰教会上层阶级,和大学在材料方面从这种状况,一个伟大的受益者降落收入增长非常显著的世纪,它喜欢爱尔兰议会的反复出现的赞助大学绿色,明显的规模和质量的新建筑。从这个时代开始的第一个标志性的建筑是一个巨大的新图书馆(1712-32),而另一位著名的大学校友乔治伯克利是图书管理员,图书馆的规模远远超出了当时的要求,反映了长期以来的启蒙运动的雄心壮志,随之而来的是校园西半部的一系列其他古典建筑:印刷厂(1733-4),西线(1752-9),食堂(c.1760-65),以及教务长的房子(1759-61)。在20世纪后半期,国会广场慢慢出现,由公共剧院(1777-86)和新教堂(1787-98)形成,由乔治三世的建筑师威廉钱伯斯先生设计。在19世纪早期,由植物学家湾和新广场的住宅区建成,建造了巨大的建筑。本科课程是规定的一般课程,包括古典文学、数学、有限的科学知识和一些哲学著作。从19世纪30年代开始,这种情况开始发生变化,那时,人们可以在数学、伦理学、逻辑学和古典文学中,以荣誉或现代主义的形式,专门研究学位。1851年,在实验科学中加入了一艘现代化的船(最初的物理、化学和矿物学,后来的地质学、动物学和植物学,在1871年被分成了两个现代化的、自然的和实验的科学)。同时,新的人文学科在历史和现代文学的同时,成为了现代学科的主体。

  在19世纪,职业学校也发生了转变:从大学的基础开始,神学就开始了教学的工作,但现在已经系统化了。法学院是重组和医学教学放在一个更为强大的基础,得益于在世纪初出现的一群医学教师获得国际卓越(特别是詹姆斯麦、罗伯特·格雷夫斯和威廉·斯托克斯),从业人员之间的分歧时间的临床教学和阅览室。工程学院始建于1842年,是英语世界中最早的此类学校之一。学生人数在后滑铁卢一代的增长中有所增加,而这个机构的活力从城市里的各种社团和俱乐部中得到明显的体现。都柏林大学杂志(1833-82)成为爱尔兰或英国最广为流传的每月评论之一,它的政治立场保守,在文学报道中具有很高的原创性,有时甚至具有颠覆性,与最初的大学赞助商不同。

  在1830年和1900年之间二十新专业椅子创立,前所未有的繁荣和个人奖学金:在数学和科学威廉•罗文汉密尔顿劳埃德、乔治·菲茨杰拉德和约翰·乔利基于他们的工作生涯的大部分时间都是在学院和人文是古典学者领导领域的国际名人。在高高的铁栏杆后面,维多利亚时代的大学已经变成了一个自给自足的社区,出于对这个日益民族主义城市的同情,并把目光集中在一个不断扩张的大英帝国,为其毕业生提供机会。在英国政府与天主教徒在爱尔兰高等教育政策之间的60年战争中,三一学院艰难地适应了正在改变的爱尔兰。在1873年至1908年期间,人们提出了各种各样的方案,使该学院成为联邦爱尔兰(或都柏林)大学的一员;这些都是极力而有效地抵制其独立性的威胁。作为这方面的一部分,学院逐渐重新定位自己成为一个无教派的机构:1873年,所有的宗教测试(除了与神学院相关的)都被废除了。然而,尽管如此,为了保持学院的独立身份而进行的难以驾驭的斗争意味着,在1908年,随着联邦国立大学的成立,关于爱尔兰高等教育的斗争终于解决了,它给年长机构的捍卫者留下了一份艰难的遗产。

  第一次世界大战标志着大学命运的一个普遍转折点,人们在“荣誉堂”(1928年)在前广场树立的人类成本。1916年的复活节起义吞没了大学周围的环境,而三一学院幸运地躲过了严重的物理伤害。然而,战时的通货膨胀和其资产的急剧缩水威胁到了大学和平时期的未来。在1922年独立战争后出现的新自由国家中,三一缺乏政府一直享有的良好的政府支持,而新成立的国家政府,财政状况不佳,从内战中恢复过来,有更紧迫的优先事项。因此,在英国新大学的实力和声望不断提高的时候,TCD发现自己在这个日益以科学为中心的世界里,没有必要获得研究和奖学金的收入。然而,在战争期间,学生人数却保持了良好的势头,但由于受到的慈善支持非常有限,而且没有国家的支持,TCD的发展能力受到了严重制约。一些新学科的引入成本非常低,尤其是商业、经济和政治方面的学位课程,而从艺术史到公共管理等一系列学科,都取得了非常大的成功。但直到二战结束后,这所大学才再次向政府寻求财政支持;这是及时。在1947年达成的这一温和协议标志着,TCD开始转变为一所大型的公立大学,尽管直到上世纪70年代才出现这种情况。与此同时,由于持续的教会限制天主教会的限制,该学院增加了来自英国和美国的学生人数,而在这个时期,总人数低于战前水平。在1960年左右的几年里,几乎一半的学生来自爱尔兰以外的国家(北部和南部)。

  直到20世纪60年代中期,学生总数一直保持在很小的比例,当时这个上限提高了三分之一,达到了4000人。与此同时,爱尔兰政府也开始参与到大学内部的资本投资中,并与大学的筹款人共同分担建设新图书馆的费用。在同一时期,由金氏家族领导的私人慈善事业,以及国际慈善信托基金,特别是维康基金会,都在大幅改善医疗和科学建筑的库存,并使生物化学、遗传学和预防医学等新学科的发展。学生人数的真正增长始于上世纪70年代,反映了免费的二级教育和三年级学生补助金的引入,取消了天主教主教的“禁令”(1970年),为女性提供了越来越多的职业机会,以及爱尔兰的一个更强大的潜在经济。三一招聘领域变得更加主要集中在爱尔兰共和国,和大学政策在1970年代初是降低非比例到15%。新高等教育“大众化”的物理形式的建设一个大型艺术和社会科学基础上校园的南面(于1978年)。这几乎完全是由国库资助的。课程的多样化在上个世纪的最后一个季度继续,随着信息科学与计算、医学疗法、护理和教师培训的发展,后者与上世纪70年代TCD的三个都柏林教师培训学院联合发展起来。该学院还参与了由职业学院在都柏林提供的技术学位课程的监督和认证(直到都柏林理工学院成为独立的学位授予机构)。但更普遍的变化是研究生活动的大幅扩张,包括教授课程和研究学位,其中许多与专业密切相关。到了20世纪90年代,博士后研究人员分散在各个学科领域,成为学术界的一个新领域,反映了研究团队的规模和复杂性,以及在国家和欧洲层面研究资助的机会。在新的计划中,随着大学开始依赖于政府,它变得公开负责。对高等教育的监督是高等教育机构的责任,它是1971年成立的一个法定机构,它的作用和权力在1997年的大学法案中得到了极大的扩展。上世纪90年代末,该州已成为大学收入的主要来源,都是通过直接拨款,以及政府对本科生学费实行“免费学费”政策的结果。尽管不断增加的国家参与指导高等教育的贡献国家授予学院的全部收入开始下降在接下来的十年中,到2010年降至27%,实际收入计算不到大学的研究(后者当然来自爱尔兰的政府机构)。所有来源的研究收入在1981年仅贡献了100万英镑,而在2009年,它的峰值仅略低于9000万欧元。

  过去五十年有两个主要的学术部门进行了重组:1968年公司的学术部门分成六个教员单位,由院长、学术部门的整合进学校,依次数量减少。现如今,学院的院长们已经开始在管理学院中发挥战略性的作用。自上世纪六十年代以来,这些变化促进了许多新的教学部门的成立(包括商业研究、牙科、戏剧和电影研究、艺术史、语言学、机械与制造工程、药理学与药剂学、职业治疗、物理疗法、心理学、社会学和统计学)。和最近的学术计划重组促进建立五大领域的跨学科研究机构特定的国际力量,一个专注于纳米结构自适应、一个在神经科学(TCIN)、一个在国际一体化的研究(iii)、一个在研究艺术和人文学科(都柏林三一学院长房间中心),生物医学科学研究所和都柏林三一学院(TBSI)。

  随着爱尔兰学生人数的大幅增长,近年来,国际学生们开始了新的国际化进程,并开始重新招收国际学生,最初是在医学领域,后来在所有学科领域都有了,尤其侧重于亚洲。该学院是本科生交流项目的早期支持者(尤其是欧盟。自上世纪60年代起就一直在运作的“支持的擦擦/苏格拉底计划”,长期以来一直是美国访问学生的最爱。到2010年,11%的学生来自其他欧盟国家,4%来自北美和中美洲,5%来自世界其他地区,学校共有16807名注册本科生和研究生,这些学生分别来自来自110个国家。

  1993年,该学院也开始通过开发一系列的接入项目(TAP)来扩大在都柏林市的招聘。该计划的目的是在高等教育中增加来自社会经济和少数民族的年轻人的数量。与此同时,为招收成熟的学生做出了新的努力。到今年到2015年,超过15%的爱尔兰进入大学的学生都是“非传统”的学生,其中有五分之二的学生属于“成熟”类别。

  20世纪后半期,另一个重大变化是学术人员的构成:它变得越来越国际化。直到1930年代,绝大多数双本地,爱尔兰都柏林大学毕业生,其中许多人回来的时候,就像欧内斯特·沃顿1934年从剑桥回来,分享了1951年诺贝尔物理学奖和获得奖项的作品20年前在原子分裂方面的贡献。上世纪80年代,在学术界,本地毕业生的主导地位几乎消失了,而大学日益国际化的特点,推动了课程、研究以及整个机构对创新的总体需求的变化。与此同时,学术界的规模也发生了变化:1950年,学术人员总数不到125人,远远超过了支持人员,到2011年,在一个完全不同的环境中,有676名学者和667名研究人员和助理,总共有2860名员工。

  从1950年开始的物理发展方面,该学院为都柏林的小型现代主义建筑提供了帮助,比如伯克利图书馆(1964-6)、艺术建筑(1977-)、牙科医院、奥莱利学院(1989)、Ussher图书馆(1999-2001)和长室中心(2008-10)。但到了2000年,该学院已经开始从校园里走到了校园外,校园外的宿舍大幅扩建,还有护理、戏剧和社会科学,这些都在短期内给人带来了新的根源。但是,在学院历史上最具雄心的建筑工程就是梨斯圣(2008-11)的三一生物医学科学研究所,这已经成为学院对外运动中最强有力的物理声明。这一发展的开始,现在有五所学院,与三一学院医学中心的发展同步,这是一所大学和它的两所主要教学医院——圣詹姆斯和安非特——的联盟。沿着皮尔斯圣与西方科学画廊你可以看到2008年新开放的的诺顿研究所:在很短的时间内画廊已成为一个非常成功的“科学拓展”与艺术科学中心合作,充分d的利用了潜在的创造性的大学和首都之间的相互作用。

  请继续阅读第二页为都柏林圣三一学院教研优势、校园环境,杰出校友的介绍。


  想了解更多教育体系网的资讯,请访问: 教育体系

本文来源:https://www.liuxue86.com/a/3392371.html
延伸阅读
目前,环境工程专业也是国内比较热门的专业,所以本科期间很多同学选择了这个专业,但读研的时候想跨专业怎么办?下面出国留学网就来说说环境工程专业出国读研可以去哪些学校。1、英国利物浦大
2017-11-18
环境科学专业也是最近一个比较热门的专业,在社会上的应用也比较广。在海外也比较好找工作,也是容易申请技术移民的专业。下面出国留学网就来说说环境科学专业出国读研可以去哪些学校。1、英国
2017-11-17
历史学专业出国读研可以选择哪些学校
历史学是历史类专业的一个重大分支,吸引着不少留学生。那么历史学专业出国读研可以选择哪些学校呢?跟着出国留学网的小编一起来看看吧,欢迎阅读。一、美国历史学专业留学(一)美国历史学专业
2017-11-16
美国杜兰大学基本概况
美国的杜兰大学始建于1834年,是一所历史悠久的著名的私立研究型大学,其商学院、法学院、医学院在各自的领域名列前茅,跟着出国留学网一起来了解下美国杜兰大学基本概况吧,欢迎阅读。一、
2017-11-15
美国佐治亚大学基本概况
美国的佐治亚大学始建于1785年,作为美国公立高等教育的发源地,佐治亚大学是全美第一所公立大学,那么跟着出国留学网一起来了解下美国佐治亚大学基本概况吧,欢迎阅读。一、关于佐治亚大学
2017-11-10
陈老师

陈老师

留学高级顾问 免费咨询 >>
出国留学网

快速定制留学方案