1.The thief stood before the policeman，____ admitting what he had done.
A.with his drooping head B.drooping his head
C.raising his head D.with his head down
2.____，he can't go out for a walk as usual.
A.With so much work to do B.With so much work doing
C.With so much work done D.Without so much work to do
3.It's quite strange that the man sleeps with his mouth ____ and his eyes ___.
A. closed;open B. closed;opened
C. closing;open D. closing;opening
4.All things ____，the plan trip will have to be called off.
A.be considered B.considered
C.considering D.having considering
5.____，we have to get down to business right away.
A. As there was no time left B.There is no time left
C.There being no time left D.There to be no time left
6.____ yesterday，we went out for a walk.
A.As a fine day B.It was a fine day
C.It being a fine day D.For it was a fine day
7.The old man stood there，____.
A.with back against the wall B.with his back against the wall
C.with back against wall D.his back against wall
1. ______ no bus, we had to walk home.
A. There was B. There being C. Because there being
2. ____, I'll go there with you tomorrow afternoon.
A. Time permits B. If time permitting C. Time permitting D. Time's permitting
3. _____, we all went home happily.
A. Goodbye was said B. Goodbye had been said
C. Goodbye said D. When goodbye said
4. _____, we all went swimming in high spirits.
A. It being fine weather B. It fine weather
C. It was fine weather D. It being a fine weather
5. ____, the bus started at once.
A. The signal was given B. The signal giving
C. The signal given D. When the signal given
6. She stood there, _____ from her cheeks.
A. tears' rolling down B. tears rolled down
C. with tears rolled down D. tears rolling down
7. ____, the leaves are turning green.
A. When spring coming on B. Spring coming on
C. Spring came on D. Spring being come on
8. _____, I had to buy a new one.
A. My dictionary losing B. My dictionary having been lost
C. My dictionary had been lost D. Because my dictionary lost
9. I used to sleep with the window _____.
A. opened B. open C. opening D to open
10. ____, the hunter went into the forest.
A. A gun on shoulder B. A gun was on his shoulder
C. Gun on shoulder D. A gun being on shoulder
11. ____ production up by 60%, the company has had another excellent year.
A. As B. For C. With D. Through
12. With a lot of work ____, I have to sit up tonight.
A. do B. doing C. done D. to do
13. He stood there silently, his lips_____.
A. trembling B. trembled C. were trembling D. were trembling
14. _____, her suggestion is of greater value than yours.
A. All things considering B. All things considered
C. All things were considered D. With all things were considered
15. ______, we will surely succeed.
A. The teacher helping us B. The teacher to help us
C. The teacher will help us D. With the teacher helping