David was a middle school student. His father, Mr Hill, was a rich farmer and he had a very big 41 . They lived in a small village 42 fifteen years. Later on Mr. Hill opened a shop in our town and 43 a house here last month. Then his family moved to the new house and David began to 44 in our class. But at first he had 45 friends at school. He was always alone.
His neighbour Cathy was a 46 girl. She had many friends. When she found the boy 47 talked with others, she decided to 48 him. She talked a lot with him and sometimes played with him. So very soon 49 became good friends.
One afternoon, Cathy said to David, "It'll be my 50 birthday tomorrow. I'll have a birthday 51 . Will you please come "
" Certainly. I'm glad to," the boy said 52 .
David got home and thought about 53 he could give to Cathy. He was sorry that he 54 to ask the girl what she liked. At that moment Mrs Hill came and asked, "What's the matter, dear "
"What would you like 55 it was your sixteenth birthday, Mummy "
"Nothing," the woman said, "I just wish I were 16."
41. A. school B. factory C. farm D. restaurant
42. A. in B. for C. on D. during
43. A. closed B. opened C. sold D. bought
44. A. live B. study C. teach D. read
45. A. few B. many C. some D. little
46. A. bad B. kind C. shy D. poor
47. A. never B. always C. usually D. sometimes
48. A. ask B. save C. tell D. help
49. A. she B. they C. he D. we
50. A. 14th B. 15th C. 16th D. 17th
51. A. card B. gift C. cake D. party
52. A. slowly B. happily C. lonely D. carefully
53. A. what B. which C. when D. where
54. A. tried B. forgot C. wanted D. liked
55. A. because B. why C. if D. how
三 CDBDA BADBC DBABC